How's Your Family?

PULL UP A SPITTOON AND STAY A WHILE

Tuesday, November 07, 2006




Siberian Hunter-n.-def.-One who wears winter camo (aka. black and white camo, not black white and grey, black and white) during the peak fall color season.

So we went camping again this weekend at Lost Maples about the only place in Texas where the leaves actually turn a delightful color other than burnt orange (for more on burnt orange search texas longhorns on the internet). The pictures probably won't do it justice, since most longhorm fans are ugly minus those sorority girls that are so thin they should be dead, and that pretty much speaks for itself, see Will's blog for more on that bit. So, anyway, we go camping and who do we see in the middle of the trail on the way walking to our primitive camp site. But the dude in full siberian camo. I'm talking coat, pants, hat, and don't forget the jack boots. Needless to say my friends and I laughed about that all weekend. We go to see fall colors, he goes to "blend in", unsuccessfully I might add. Maybe he was celebrating the beginning of hunting season, too bad the deer were probably better prepared than he was. Anyways this will continue to be a never ending joke as in the "I'll do anything for money type". We came up with a circular thought problem that begins with the sight of the Siberian Hunter, and ends with one of us showing up to a party at the other's house in full siberian hunter attire, sketchy mustache and all. I wish I could have found a picture which would do this justice.

Anyways, later in the night, after about a bottle of wine and probably 14 beers, I decided to press my ass to the grill (ass to flame style), it wasn't very hot at first, then I actually touched the grill we were using and burned a line in my ass, which hurt pretty bad that night and the next morning. Also my friend Scott out of courtesy to park staff put out our remaining hot coals by urinating on the park grill. Can't wait to taste some meat like that. Question to all, am I a 14 year old trapped in a 27 year old's body or a 48 year old trapped in a 27 year old's body?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicky,
I would say 14 year old trapped in 27 year old's body, but everyone always tells you how mature you are for your age. That would average you out to be about 21 or 22, which is where I will always remember you with those memories of ours. And besides, doesn't every 48 year old wish they were 21 again?? Count yer blessings, you are a young gun, and look it too.
Hey, I've been meaning to post this quote for you- I read it in one of my touchy-feely magazines, The Sun, and I thought of you and your bicycle philosophy:
"When man invented the bicycle, he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle."
-Elizabeth West
A little much, but I thought you might agree with it just a teeny bit, or at least find yourself deeply validated.
Come and visit us in February, twill be a Valentine's day to remember.

4:36 PM  
Blogger prison guard said...

Good quote and thanx for the compliments. I have gained 10 lbs, since I moved to Austin. Whitney thinks its because I live with 2 girls that cook a lot, I beg to differ.

I haven't been on a good bike ride in almost a month, because I generally get home to late from work, and I want to relax on the weekends and we've been goin camping lately which has been really fun.

However, I stand corrected, and spent like 200 or so on bike parts last week to get my mtb. back in shape, and trail worthy. So Whitney stands to be proven wrong. Cheers, and am looking forward to a visit, barring catastrophes. Whitney and I have been tossing around the idea of Nashvegas for New Years, and I've got a project coming up in Nolensville, I may try to double dip that. I definately didn't get my Angela fill at the wedding, although the time we did spend was about as touchy feely as The Sun (which I would be ashamed if it wasn't). Fire and Ice...don't you forget it.

4:51 PM  
Blogger j martins said...

Nick,
I'm impressed by your usage of the term "double-dip", don't be surprised if I try to absorb it into my vernacular, much like I hope you can absorb "who's gonna burn my gold?" into yours.

6:53 PM  
Blogger prison guard said...

Yea, I'm gonna use that this weekend. My friend Matt is having a party, and Johanna is coming to visit. I'm sure there will be plenty of Bozeman reminicance, siberian hunter talk, and gold burnin' goin on, just hope I don't get arrested by said cop, just a pat on the butt.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nick- i believe that in my collection of sewanee photographs, i have more than one of you baring your bum in some dangerous fashion. has this gotten to be a problem for you?

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick, would you consider having an operation to make you man-pregnant, like in the movie "Junior"?

10:00 AM  
Blogger prison guard said...

Beej,

I don't think so, just on principal. Men, myself included are too lazy and have too low of a pain threshold to ever give birth. If it required no pain and there were no restrictions on my actions then yes. Otherwise no.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home